Question for reason users!!!!! How do i get better at using reason 5 where do i start

thegold12

so im 21 and still a beginner after 3 years of using this I still don't know what im doing and that due to the fact that I don't know where to start.how to I get better at reason and where do I start...do I start for example with subtractor,master that and then move on to the malstrom,master that etc,etc....or do I just making songs until I get better...give me some effective methods please and thank you.Love y'all:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

All of the above.

Its been 3 years?

Assuming you at least know your way around the daw, get to know kong and thor then go from there. Once you know one synth learning more is easy.

yes I know a lot but I don't know how to make my own sounds so do I just master one and then go to another and master that one?

so im 21 and still a beginner after 3 years of using this I still don't know what im doing and that due to the fact that I don't know where to start.how to I get better at reason and where do I start...do I start for example with subtractor,master that and then move on to the malstrom,master that etc,etc....or do I just making songs until I get better...give me some effective methods please and thank you.Love y'all:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

How much do you know about Reason 5 since possessing it for 3 years?
How intimate are you with the Malstrom, Kong, RPG-8 and such?
How hard are you looking for answers, where else, and who else are you learning from?

I ask these questions because you're looking for effective methods for using Reason. The truest answer I can give you base on the tad bit of information you've left for us is this, are your ready???

Use whatever methods your listeners like; seriously... If they like it, save it as the starting point for your next track. There are no rules the say you have to start from scratch , so work smarter and wiser. That's likely where you'll find your solution...

How much do you know about Reason 5 since possessing it for 3 years?
How intimate are you with the Malstrom, Kong, RPG-8 and such?
How hard are you looking for answers, where else, and who else are you learning from?

I ask these questions because you're looking for effective methods for using Reason. The truest answer I can give you base on the tad bit of information you've left for us is this, are your ready???

Use whatever methods your listeners like; seriously... If they like it, save it as the starting point for your next track. There are no rules the say you have to start from scratch , so work smarter and wiser. That's likely where you'll find your solution...

well I know a couple things.My knowledge about reason is kind of patchy cause I want to learn everything quickly so jump all over the place.so I know how to use the equalizer.i know the subtractor sort of but have know clue what phase modulation is (and I have researched all over and still don't get it?) I know about the normal hp lp cutoff filters but I shaky on the comb filter and am filters.i have a book on this covering various things on reason so should I focus on the maelstrom chapter until I got it down pat or is there another method more effective then that

One unit, function, feature at a time.

Back