Which program?

moedurty

hey ya'll. total noob here. just wondering which program(s) I should start off with?

the sound I'm going for is basic, sampled vinyl and drums.

cheers.

reaper is free to try and fully featured - you can continue to try without losing any projects you make

thanks bro. can I sample vinyl in that and chop it up? when I said basic sound I meant like the style of beat is basic - vinyl samples and drums. but long term I'm aiming to master a good program (or 2) and produce high quality beats.

I'd say start with Reaper but look into the trial versions of the other major DAWs though. You might like them better. Are you on PC or Mac?

Make sure to give FL and Ableton a try when you're quite comfortable with Reaper, they're great DAWs!

A way to use other programs {lol I did this at one point} was use the actual demo versions of paid software and save whatever you did to them inside the free software that allowed you to save full projects via rewire.

Ableton has made a fan out of me. I've used quite a few different programs for making beats and other productions. Ableton has managed to streamline the creative workflow, somehow, while allowing ideas for song arrangement to manifest within the program. I've been a Propellerhead since version 2 was given to me by a friend back in 2002 I think...

Yeah Ableton is great. It has many advantages. I especially like the racks system. I'm kinda stuck on FL though as I know it really well and I don't have too much time to learn Ableton... not to mention the price. xD

Yeah, that's what it was like for me before I bought Ableton Push. I wanted a faster and more efficient way to make new music. My time is limited, meaning I only have a few hours per day to dedicate toward being creative. After watching a few videos, I decided it would be best to learn Ableton Live 9. After getting it, I found out how much easier it is to use than most others...

Back