Is Producing music really that hard?

It's hard to make it.. I mean your gonna be ass at first.. Your gonna make it beat think it's hot... Ask for feedback and get slammed lol.. But it takes time homie... Took me about 3+ years.... Now i think i'm truly industry ready... Wwho knows how long it will take you feel me
Your Rnb joint was groovin homie.Liked it.

i agree with most of what people have said on here i also think the speed of your success also depends on how self critiquing you are about the things you create... but that is just my opinion

And also if u want to make it..."listen to the radio!! Listen to the radio!! Listen to the radio!!!!" you gotta emulate what's hot right now..that type of sound... That type of style feel me...

If you experminent & have fun with it, it won't be hard. But if you start off like Dr. Dre on tracks it could be more than you bargain for.

be persistent and continue to be inspired and ambitious every step of the way. the journey will be a long one. youll cry, youll laugh...and youll punch through a few objects but. in the end, the love for the music always overrides.

One of my biggest inspirations is the singer JoJo. I can relate to her music from a male viewpoint. She's someone I would love to work with one day. I know it's highly impossible that ever happens, but I'm still dreaming and hoping.

Thats the thing lol i never thought the beats i produced were good enough so i just rap sing and write...im kinda on a lookout for a producer

I'm just about ready to start. In a week I'll be getting $300 so that will be enough for me to get Logic and my keyboard. Planning on getting an M-Audio keyrig or keystation.

I'm just about ready to start. In a week I'll be getting $300 so that will be enough for me to get Logic and my keyboard. Planning on getting an M-Audio keyrig or keystation.

The oxygen series is a good starter board too. hell ive been at it for years and I still use an oxygen series keyboard

I was planning on watching a bunch on youtube videos on logic tutorials to better understand it. I was also gonna teach myself the keyboard. And I am willing to put in the time, I really will be spending about 10-15 hours a day on this.
Thats good bro! #grind

i agree with most of what people have said on here i also think the speed of your success also depends on how self critiquing you are about the things you create... but that is just my opinion
Self assessment means nothing without direction. I tend to use fans and rappers to give that direction because a lot of people make garbage and think its fire.
And also if u want to make it..."listen to the radio!! Listen to the radio!! Listen to the radio!!!!" you gotta emulate what's hot right now..that type of sound... That type of style feel me...

Define make it. I say that because not everyone is doing this to be mainstream or get on radio or even to make music appropriate for radio. That really only works for pop music right now. If you want to be successful with neo soul you're better off staying far away from radio and going to your nearest record store. If you want to be successful as an underground hip hop producer you should hit the blogs and again avoid radio. If you want to kill the mixtape scene follow the mixtape scene ect. Radio is only one route to success for one kind of music.

I did not read the thread, just the OP's post. So I may repeat something.

Producing is as hard as you want it to be. I recently had the same convo with a old beat partner of mine who was always reluctant to learn music theory or piano because it seemed time consuming and daunting. The thing is the more you know the easier it is to do things. If you understand theory then it will be easier to build a beat if not way faster. Learning how to play an instrument will bring depth to you music and make laying down ideas go even faster. When it becomes 2nd nature you'll be even faster than before and have more ideas to expand upon... and prove less likely to fudge up when creating. Knowing theory and an instrument or 2 or 3 will make you a better producer. I don't care what software comes out ... every single one of them are based off of the foundation that music is built on. I feel like the longer you put off learning the worst you make it for yourself. I hate seeing guys that have been doing beats for years still struggle with chords.OR over compensating for lack of depth and fullness by layering the beats with a million different sounds. Which makes for some eventful mixing ... if you ask me.

Making good music is a matter of opinion. I don't listen to death metal but there is an audience for it.

Back