Producing/listening to music with tinnitus

PummelVision

I've been an avid music enthusiast for nearly my entirely life, but over the years of constantly listening to music at loud volumes I have been having this constant ringing in my ears, and it becomes very noticeable once I'm in a silent room. However, these past years I've also been keen on learning how to produce music and was wondering if there are any producers out there with tinnitus, and if so, how do you cope with it while encompassed in the music-making process. It sucks because, with music being such a big part of my life, that means my life revolves around sound. But with it, comes the possibility that my tinnitus will only worsen. It's also bothersome because even when I'm listening to music, I can still hear the faint sound of ringing...kind of like a background noise.

Last edited:
you learn to compensate for it

- tinnitus is mostly phantom sound from already dead receptors in the cochlea

- the brain thinks these dead receptors have been stimulated and can't stop them from sounding (eventually the cause ceases to activate the brains processing)

- anything can cause the pseudo stimulation to occur, but mostly it is stress and high blood pressure

Back