Which Producer influenced you the most to start maikng beats?

flying lotus made me wanna be different and try new things...i started out making minimal based music, now im trying stuff with things i never thought i could do...its crazy how some people can open your mind!

To be completely honest it was probably Baths . His first album "Cerulean" is what inspired me to actually start making beats when I was a teenager.

definitely Daft Punk
alive 2007 gave me goosebumps, that was the moment I fell in love with music and found out what my purpose would be

I started out playing rock music and playing in bands. A Macedonian producer called Kiril Dzajkovski was one of the people who inspired me to move into electronic music. Check him out, he makes awesome music.

Listening to the Verb-T & Harry Love album the first time was what really tipped the scales for me and gave me the push to make beats myself...
I've been listening to HipHop a long time but it'd always been US stuff. I never realised there was good UK-HipHop for so long!
The fact that HipHop was now so much closer to home definitely inspire me to make beats and in the last few years I've been bumping more and more UK stuff. In fact, I now rarely listen to US rap at all.
The best thing is: I'm part of it now. HipHop has become a driving force in my life. It's in me. I listen to other stuff as well (at home I hardly listen to HipHop unless I'm making it - in the car it's ONLY HipHop and I'm buying several albums a month!) but I'm constantly wondering 'how can I flip that?!' When I listen to anything else!

Too many to list, but here are three of my favorite songwriters/producers who inspired me, as a musician, to make music:

Stevie Wonder
Prince
Chris Jasper

For me it was definitely a then 16 year old kid named $aturn. For those who don't know he's an extremely practiced and skilled producer of EDM music. Recently he changed his name to Saturn, but when I listened to his music, I thought to myself, "If he can do it, then I can too."

Zaytoven. I watched all of his videos on YouTube. He's very mature for a producer and very talented. Not just some kid with an ego programming beats into FL Studio.

ME

I influenced myself. I used to manage an artist back in the day. We had a couple of cool producers we used to work with but none of them could recreate the tracks I had in my head. So I learned to produce music myself, from watching other producers in the studio and video tutorials. I had no formal education into music, only on the business end.
Ive always enjoyed all genres of music, so theres no one producer that has been my favorite....

Back