Producer block

Pluvio

Hey people. I'm a new guy here. Basically, for the last few monthts I feel like shit for not finishing or making anything decent. I'm in a really confused stage of my life. I'm having problems with my production style and music that I listen to. I've been in the game for like 3 years or something like that, and I'm really sick and tired of just being an admirer of all of these amazing names like Spor, Noisia, Document One, Croatia Squad, Duke Dumont, Sliink, Malaa, Mercer etc. I'm thorn apart between many genres. I really love the energy of D'n'B and the feeling that my brain is about to explode from the rush and ecstasy I'm feeling, but I also love that plucked, moogish basses that you can hear in some deep house or Brazilian bass. My style is kinda wierd. Deep housish disco and that's kinda fine with me. I enjoy doing it but I really wanna start making some aggressive bangers like Alesia's Otho, or Spor's Figaro or even something in between those two genres. It's kinda hard to produce discoish tracks, and making people listen to that kinda stuff when I'm surrounded by a community that's mainly listening to hardcore D'n'B. Can anyone give me some advice on how to grow in these "D'n'B" communities as an artist and trying to find my signature? I'm really in a depressed stage where I'm overthinking my life choices and I hate that I'm questioning myself if production is for me. Thank you all in advance and sorry for a long post. I just need some help from more expirienced guys who overcame this awful stage.

Take a respite from what you currently dig and dive into something else, what you dive into you may discover you like it.

Well, at the moment I'm really into guys like Malaa, Mercer and Alok. I love the simplicity of the tracks, but at the other hand they seem so complicated. I love that Malala are combining rap vocals with this bass tracks and how they then change it to a trap like track. And just that dark, morbid sound of it gives me such goosebumps. I'd love to be that kind of a producer. Also, I enjoy D'n'B artists like Spor and Document one. I'd love to play with that kinda stuff. Resampled basses give me an instant boner haha.

Hi everybody,

I am a new member to this site and also to the world of production. I have been mixing for sometime and have played as a dj in some house party scenes and the like. I love psy specially forest and want to take my step into music production. I really like working with fl studio but i have the demo version as i cannot afford it right now. But as in the demo, i cannot open my previously saved projects. Can anyone please let me know a workaround for this.. or if be kind enough to lend me a full version. I will be thoroughly great full. I am always in favor supporting djs and their acts and would be happy enough to share my music who whoever wishes to help.. or even otherwise. ---- Pranam

Last edited:
Visit the pennyhoarder.com for advice on ways to earn some extra cash without doing too much for it, and save up to buy the full version. If you really want it, you'll find a way to make it happen. If I did it, I know that ANYONE can.

Everyone goes through it, music is about feeling not thinking so hard. Carry on, stop taking music so seriously, stop thinking so hard and enjoy what you're making.

You don't have to pick a style, hell you could merge all of them. Create what you like.

Last edited:
For me i usually listen to music that gave me the inspiration to start that project and see what i can do from there or i take a break from it and come back a few mins or hours later.

Back