Is this problem can be solved with audio interface

M

mkamsi

Hi,
I did mix on headphones in ableton live, Everything sounds ok, but when I export the mix and play it in windows media player, it was not a good mix. Is this the problem that my laptop processes it in some wrong way? What if I connect an audio interface and connect my headphones into that, will it solve the problem??

You need to go back and mix the song to the point where it sounds good on more than one source. That is, go between different headphones, monitors, crappy computer speakers and mix in mono (mainly for gain staging). Also another common discussion is, apparently all DAW's crunch numbers differently. But that's another debate.

Holla @ yo boi.. :D

go into media player and turn off any enhancements such as equaliser settings then try again

if the problem persists then remix

go into media player and turn off any enhancements such as equaliser settings then try again

if the problem persists then remix

yeah, theres no enhancement added.
My question is, when we connect the headphones through audio interface, will the sound be then processed by audio interface ? rather than by the laptop's audio drivers ?
On the whole will there be any significant sound difference by connecting the headphones to the audio interface, as compared to headphones connected directly to the laptop 3.5mm port

should be an improvement more than anything

your cpu will not process the audio conversion from digital to analog (the interface does that) but your cpu will still be used to run your daw and your plug-ins

There are plenty of cheap and good audio interfaces into the market now. I use a Scarlett Solo and i'm very happy as it have everything i need and it cost me like 90 $. A lot of people spend 90$ easy in a night out, so if you want improvement it's good to invest in your gear.

Peace

There are plenty of cheap and good audio interfaces into the market now. I use a Scarlett Solo and i'm very happy as it have everything i need and it cost me like 90 $. A lot of people spend 90$ easy in a night out, so if you want improvement it's good to invest in your gear.

Peace

I have scarlet 2i2, but about to buy good headphones. confused between audio technical ath m50x and beyerdynamic dt990 pro

I have scarlet 2i2, but about to buy good headphones. confused between audio technical ath m50x and beyerdynamic dt990 pro

Probably the cause of this is because you don't have a flat response gear. I really don't know about headphone gear, i use studio monitors to produce. Maybe you can find more about this in the Hardware section.

You can mix according to graphics and using an Spectrum Analyzer, but its really annoying, since you have to compare your mixdowns from different sources, etc.

Probably the cause of this is because you don't have a flat response gear. I really don't know about headphone gear, i use studio monitors to produce. Maybe you can find more about this in the Hardware section.

You can mix according to graphics and using an Spectrum Analyzer, but its really annoying, since you have to compare your mixdowns from different sources, etc.

yeah I know, but right now, I can't get studio monitors, because I am not in my home country right now, So I can't buy the gear which will not fit in my Luggage.

If it sounds significantly different after exporting, then it means either your export settings are somehow very off (which I doubt) or - what's more likely - is that you have a lot of clipping in the mix, in plugins and whatnot. This doesn't necessarily sound bad in the DAW (since 32-bit audio gives you practically infinite headroom) but on export this gets truncated to whatever your export settings are.

An audio interface obviously won't magically fix your mixes - it'll give you better conversion for listening, but won't change a thing about your mixes.

If it sounds significantly different after exporting, then it means either your export settings are somehow very off (which I doubt) or - what's more likely - is that you have a lot of clipping in the mix, in plugins and whatnot. This doesn't necessarily sound bad in the DAW (since 32-bit audio gives you practically infinite headroom) but on export this gets truncated to whatever your export settings are.

An audio interface obviously won't magically fix your mixes - it'll give you better conversion for listening, but won't change a thing about your mixes.

I know That AUdio interface can't do magic on mixes, the matter hereis that mix sounds strange only when I play it on laptop through headphones, by using same headphones with my mobile, the mix sound as it was in my daw. So I think that laptop's audio drivers are processing audio very differently.

I know That AUdio interface can't do magic on mixes, the matter hereis that mix sounds strange only when I play it on laptop through headphones, by using same headphones with my mobile, the mix sound as it was in my daw. So I think that laptop's audio drivers are processing audio very differently.

Yeah, specially if you are using ASIO4All. You can try to reinstall the drivers or to reinstall ASIO4All.

Back