prescription. - rapper/songwriter and aspiring sound engineer

prescription.

Yo guys, new here.
I'm freshly 20 from the United Kingdom, England. Always been in and around rap music (more the new age stuff, sorry lol). Take deep inspiration from old school Travis Scott (days before rodeo my favourite tape of all time), Nav, Future and various other artists. I'm joining to hopefully meet other artists to collab with and producers to work with aswell as to get some tips for mixing and mastering my vocals. I was halfway through making a tape at a local studio (for free under their unofficial label) until they went all ghost on me. So I'm here trying to learn the craft for myself so I can mix my sound as I like aswell as pursuing music production at college as a plan B to become a sound engineer.

Any tips you can give for both my artistry and mixing skills below would be highly appreciated:

(These aren't mixed by me and are examples of my music)

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/in-mi-cup/s-7HC6D

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/redjacketwithsomezippers-ft-jus-j-prod-ghxst

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/prescription-under-me-prod-by-madkosmos-1

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/takethecharge-prod-the-virus-and-antidote

(And then these below are some covers/ fuck arounds I did trying to mix and any feedback would be great. I don't need advice on performance or the autotune on some (lol) they're just mediocre because I'm learning in my apartment at the moment and can't really put my all into recording due to noise complaints)

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/blue-fingers-1/s-l8Yd9

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/mixiepoo22/s-oH9pk

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/demonized/s-ja69d

soundcloud.com/prescribedxanax/sanic-go-fast/s-68lSH

Welcome to FP but main thing you must know is to pick at least one skill and focus on it. Sound engineering is best left to pros.

hi there,
I think, that to obtain good mixes you need a lot of practice over and over, following guidelines but always trying new techniques of your own and then If it sounds good... is good!
all the best my friend:hello:

Welcome to FP but main thing you must know is to pick at least one skill and focus on it. Sound engineering is best left to pros.

I'll be going to university to study music production/tech and follow the path of a sound engineer though so I don't see why I couldn't become a pro in the craft. I mean I'm taking the steps they did.

Back