please explain purpose of this signal chain to me

Cee High

I saw a picture of the producer, Shlohmo's, recording gear setup. I noticed he had yellow stereo cables going from the OUTPUT of his Boss RE-20 Space Echo delay/reverb unit... into the INPUT of his Strymon Timeline delay unit.

What would be his purpose for doing this? Going from one delay unit (a pretty damn good one) in the RE-20 Space Echo, INTO the inputs of the Strymon delay unit? Am I missing something here, or maybe he just likes to stack delay on top of delay, etc. lol

The Strymon Timeline unit has a built-in 30-second stereo looper, which may play a part in this connection setup...but I'm all ears for other ideas and explanations.

Feedback delay?

Try it yourself. Send a wet signal from a delay into another delay on a send channel and see what kind of results you get..

Last edited:
Feedback delay?

Try it yourself. Send a wet signal from a delay into another delay on a send channel and see what kind of results you get..

Nothing feeding back in that setup though...but delay on delay can sound very cool indeed. I do it all the time.

reminiscent of tapped tape delays (multiple tape heads reading the signal and mixed back together)

in this case it could be as simple as getting a much longer delay time than is otherwise possible or a mix of the above ideas

Back