Playing VSTs through laptop keyboard?

dizkojockey

In FL Studio, is there a way to play your VST instruments using your computer keyboard? When designing sounds with Sylenth1, it's really annoying having to go back and forth with the mouse between the keyboard and parameters. Is there a way it can be configured so I can use my laptop keyboard to play the VST while tweaking the parameters with my mouse?

Thanks Guys.

Thanks but this option does not work. When you click on a synth parameter to use the mouse pad to change a parameter, it also changes the focus of what's being worked on. What I want to do, for example, is click and hold on, say, a filter, using my mouse pad to adjust the value, while simultaneously pressing a key on my keyboard to audition my adjustments. I know I can simultaneously use both in Slicex when making vocal chops, but the option appears unavailable in Sylenth1 and Spire.

Create a simple pattern in the piano roll, let it play in the background and go to the synth and change the parameters you want.

This is the method I've been using so far but it's a bit faffy. I think I need to invest in a decent midi keyboard. I was just unsure if I could use my laptop keyboard in the same way. Thanks for the replies anyhow.

Back