o2r sound problems

B

benspencer

Wondering if you guys can help me? Just swapped my yamaha o3d mixer for an o2r mixer off a friend who had to downsize his studio due to a lack of space.

So basically I thought it would just be easy to swap both over and i could just carry on as usual but no i am getting no sound coming out of my speakers and i cant see why. When i play keys, cubase, my xv3080 and the o2r are all picking up the midi signal but no sound at all........ anyone else had a similar problem or anyone who could give me some tips? i thought the o2r and the o3d would be similar but im finding it tough getting around the o2r at the moment!

Make sure that you have to correct wordclock settings selected. Your wordclock source should be set to "internal" and 44.1 khz to start out.

I don't see how midi fits into all of this so far.

basically at the moment i use a usb keyboard with an xv3080 and mu15 and pick the patch i want, record the midi into cubase and then record the audio from the midi. So normally when i pick the patch and hit my keys it produces the sound from the xv3080 but at the moment i am getting no sound whatsoever.

The thing what is confusing me is that everything is setup like it was on the o3d. i have my 6 outs from my xv3080 going into the o2r, the 2 outs from mu15 and then my mic. then i have my L+R from my amp to the C-R monitors out on the o2r. I also have my ADAT card in the back of the o2r going into the sound card of the pc.

Don't concern yourself with midi at the moment.

Like I wrote, you probably do not have a clock source selected. Again, this has nothing to do with midi at the moment. Just look in your system settings in the 02r and select your clock source. This screen shows you which cards you have installed and allows you to choose a clocok source and sample rate. I don't remember the name of the screen where these options are at or what page. But they are there. Check your manual for the word "wordclock". It should show you where to go.

i had already set the word clock to sync up with the adat card which is going to the pc, you not think that is right?

ok i have set my word clock to internal and 44.1khz but still get no sound?

right now i got sound, had to turn everything off and start again! thanks so much for your help sleepy!

ok wait now i am only getting audio and no midi. its picking up my adat channels and playing the audio on there but cant hear anything when playing the keys .............

Do you mean that you are not getting sound out of the 3080? Midi is only data that devices use to communicate with one another. Forget about midi for now unless you are really having problems with your midi data not being transferred. So remember, if you can't hear the 3080 sound, that's an audio issue, not a midi issue. If Cubas is not sending data to the 3080, then yes, it's a midi issue.

With the 02r, you have the option of using analog, and digital channels.

You have the faders, and the encoders. One will control digital and the other will control analog. These two can be swapped the other way around.

If you have audio coming from your computer, and you can use the faders to control the levels, then the faders are currently controlling the digital channels (assuming adat connections). I forget the name of the button, but you have to press it to get the faders to control the analog input. Either that, or one of the encoders above the faders. The button should be right there in clear view somewhere.

In total, you have 48 channels. You have 24 analog channels and 24 digital. I think that's it, I could be wrong.

The 02r can be intimidating once you start using it and downright confusing when setting up. Once you get it going you shouldn't have any problems with it.

Sleepy you are a great man thankyou!

There is a button on the o2r called digial Ins and outs and I have been in there a couple of times and the first page that comes up is the word clock which you told me to do earlier on but by pressing the button again it took me to the page called input signal select which is where i can either choose the ADAT card or the internal analog controls! Thanks so much for your help :)

Yes, that's right. There are several pages for each button. I recommend that you take some time and just look through them. You can just have the mixer on, don't work on anything else, just get familiar with the mixer functions. Mess around with the settings, look at the pages, etc... Even if some things don't make sense then, you will recall them enough to help you get around when you need the functions.

The 02r is a good mixer although a little outdated bitrate/samplerate-wise.

Back