I hope this of some value for the artists/producers here. Thank you for your attention.

Nova Spireís Message To All Artists | NOVA SPIRE

Nova Spireís Message To All Artists

If anyone knows my goals of 2013 and how I surpassed my musical quotas, they understand how I am fully entrenched in my music. It was a matter of quantity just as much as it was about quality. People might say that it is passion, I say it is obsessive, some say madness. It doesnít matter what itís called. Iím not about wasting time, twiddling my thumbs and doing something to count the days while awaiting my dying day. It is about leaving a legacy, something monumental, as my artist name suggests something astronomical and tremendous. This was something I had envisioned for a very long time and I must see it through to itís entirety. Iíve always had this mindset, volition and drive. When Iím gone I want to leave something behind. Beyond FOREVER. That is the ultimate for an artist. Whether they are consciously or unconsciously aware of it, ego or not. To enrich the lives, minds, hearts and bodies of the people that listened and passionately loved their music/art that was created out of the infinite. This is a great feat.

Ultimately, from my vision and my commitment to hammering away at my obsession, I have surmised this message for artists. I leave one message behind for all artists, no matter what your craft, no matter what it is you do. You must always produce more than you consume. Yes. That is how I do it. I produce more than I consume. It must be done. It is the number one rule here at The Spire and it is my grand message for ARTISTS. All artists should produce more than they consume. Iím sure there are arguments from artists as to why not to do something like this. But I think the proís can outweigh the cons. If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with a couple of loose screws.

If itís not enriching to you in some fashion then itís not really beneficial to you. You can get inspired by art Ė books, visuals, music, films. But you must not be obsessive over them. Some people say ďOh, it inspired me!Ē really? You can interpret the material, sure. But I believe over dissecting it is a waste of time. It may inspire you, but ultimately that inspiration must be transmuted in order to properly say Ė in my opinion- that you were inspired. Otherwise, what did it inspire you to do? Throughout your life you can come across inspiration but you must not obsess or become overly attached, over someone elses madness, you can admire it but never obsess. Itís kind of Buddhist, in a sense, remaining detached. You must obsess over your own madness, your interpretations, your beliefs, your art. Thatís how the most fascinating artists come from isnít it? These are the lone wolves, the black sheep on the other side of the fence dropping some rare drugs. The Intrepid, the pathfinders, trailblazers etc.

When the curtains of external imagination and distractions all go down, you are only left with your self, alone in your mental abode to create. Admittedly, thereís a time and a place for entertainment. But it mustnít be the lowest common denominator, sucking the life, attention and minutes off your clock. This is the age of distraction. It is far too easy to kill time, then to realize how much of your time is being killed. Even you reading this, but there is a goal here.

Can you manage to create something with no influences? Probably not, but the point is not to get sucked in entirely. Dip your toes, regroup your thoughts, then attack. Create, create, create! Time is of the essence. Similarly, you do not need other peoples approval. Feedback maybe, sure. But to look to others for everything is a false mentality as an artist, in my humble opinion. You are the sole arbiter of what is good and what is not. After going through so much of your own material, you begin to figure yourself out, you understand yourself more and more. Who you are and what you want to do. It must all be done all to your own accord. Thatís what Iíve learned after going through a great amount of my personal material. I hope someone gains from my insight. Try it for a month or so, see how it goes. Produce more than you consume. Hone your craft, and go do some art!

Note: People whose craft requires consuming other material are the exception. But the message still holds here, do not consume external influence but gather internal affluence.

-Nova Spire