Notes, Piano Roll FL Studio - NEWBIE

Coreveth

Hi guys I'm new at FL Studio and there is a pretty big problem,
my notes in FL Studio sound like total crap (not because of effects, VSTs).
But i just suck at the Piano Roll i can't really put the notes in that way so they can sound good, right now it just sound totally random. This is really getting me sad, because i want to produce House Music.
And What does mean A B C D And other stuff i see everywhere, do i need some music theory to teach the notes in piano roll?
Thanks for Answers.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you don't know a thing about music theory at all... I thought people were taught the very basics in like middle school if not even earlier?
Grab a beginner's guidebook for music theory and read it, then take it from there.

the piano roll is nothing more thatn a visual representation of a partiture, albeit in a more friendly user interface.

the letters you see in at the left part are the notes and the lines represent the beats. the default setting for a song is a 4/4 time signature, therefore you have 4 distinct parts for each beat (lighter grey and darker grey).

The randomness you say you are experiencing is, as said before, more a problem of the knowledge of music theory than the piano roll itself: study the scales, chords, etc and you'll see how it will change your compositions.

Back