notes are off

tjustice

Why are my notes playing off? like when i place it on a note it will play like a second or so after it hits it? anybody know why

Timing? It's called Latency. Look into investing in an AI (Audio Interface)

He says it happens when he "places" a note, that wouldn't be latency.

If the note is exactly on the grid and plays late make sure the sample you are using doesn't have empty space before the waveform.

If you mean when you record the midi notes on time, but they appear off time (not in line with the grid) then yes, that would be latency, search latency on FP there are hundreds of threads dealing with this.

What audio drivers are you using at the moment?

It could still be a Latency issue if the sound just starts playing later but is actually on time.. I don't know which is true though

Last edited:
Latency, OP just doesnt explain his questions the greatest haha. At least thats what I'm assuming it is, knowing OP needs a new laptop. Don't you only have like 2gb ram?

edit:this is the first time the forums have let me post in 3 days! I was trying to message you bandcoach but it wouldnt even let me send a message. I dunno what was going on, I'm actually kind of surprised it let me post this reply. Thats why I'm editing it right away just incase it glitches out again. If anyone has had this problem message it. It will let me type in the field but I haven't been able to hit reply its just 'greyed out'

Last edited:
No if it was latency it wasnt the sound you were using. If changing your sound helped you probably just had a REALLY slow attack on your first sound.
If it actually is the attack, you really need to start posting videos or explaining your questions better lol

if its not latency its probably some silence at the start of the sample, usually boils down to not sampling or editing the sound properly. in FL using the trim option in channel settings is a temporary workaround

or it could be as simple as long attack time taking forever to rise to a point where the sound can be heard - i.e. vca takes for ever to rise to audible level or vcf corner frequency opening up similarly

Back