Not able to hear sound in reason

wreckd

I just installed reason on my other computer which only has a standard onboard sound card, and i can't hear anything coming out of reason. I load up sounds into redrum or rex and can't hear anything. I changed my audio device in preferences to each of the three types DX Primary Sound Driver, DX SoundMax, MME Soundmax but that didnt work either. They all had green ticks to say they were working.

My speakers are on btw.

Any ideas?!?

I don't know what to tell ya man lol. If you already checked your programs and the audio was set to the sound card your using it should probably work. Have you figured it out?

i rebooted the computer, kicked it a few times, had a smoke came back and it was working. Wtf

lol least its working now

i'm having the same problem (no sound) but in Ableton Live 5.

i know my midi controller and soundcard are hooked up correctly because i'm able to play and record (and hear) midi notes just fine in Reason.

i have everything selected properly in the audio preferences, yet i can't hear anything in Live. no clips, no metronome, hell i can't even hear the demo as it's playing. any idea what might be going on?

i even re-downloaded the demo version of Live just to double check, and i still am not getting any sound whatsoever out of the program.

i've contacted support, but any additional help would be sweet.

Back