NI Massive or Nexus 2

Barrettboi93

Hey guys and girls, I have a quick question to ask, I'm trying to make some nice House/Deep House melodys and basses, just wondering which one is better NI Massive or Nexus 2 as there quite pricey for a begginer. Or is there one you could suggest for a beginner using FL Studio
Many thanks
Ricky

Nexus if you just want ready-to-go sounds, Massive if you want to cook up your own. Of course Massive being one of the most popular synths, there's also a (pun intended) massive amount of presets for it, but the sound design capabilities of Nexus are pretty limited.

3xOSC plus stock plugs in the FX chain. As a begginer, you should firstly get comfortable with what FL has to offer and then think about third party VSTs.

Sytrus is a god damn good FM synth, for example. And it comes bundled in FL.

They are completely different. Nexus is a sampler, whereas Massive is a synthesiser.

Nexus is limited in the sense that you're only as good as the presets. Sure there are a few parameters you can tweak, but there are limits. Massive however is pretty limitless.

For a beginner, I'd get Nexus but I'd highly recommend picking up Massive when you can.

In an ideal world, pick up both, but learning synthesis with Massive can be a daunting process and it's easy to be put off with Music Production when you aren't getting results fast; like you would with Nexus. Problem with Nexus is everyone uses it, and I hear Nexus presets on commercial songs allllll the time.

Hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

Back