Is Nexus really worth it for HipHop/Trap/RnB Production?

elerner

Was wondering if the $2500 version of Nexus with all the soundpacks is actually worth it or if you think you can get by with Sylenth, Gladiator, Massive, Fm8, Absynth ect..

Also what are some of the best paid drum kits you have found for this type of hiphop/trap/smooth/rnb genre? :berzerk:

I've said it lots of times, I'll say it again. Learn to design your own sounds. With nexus you physically cannot be original and the thought that you would pay $2500 for it is ridiculous.

You can't get good at making music just by paying for an expensive tool.

If that is the direction you choose, then that's entirely your decision.

I prefer synthesis and sampling and would naturally suggest this instead of nexus.
I've used nexus back in 2011-2013 which is why I feel that way about it.

Freedrumkits.net is a defacto. 20gb of free drum samples.
Sound designing custom drums with synthesis and a mic is how it's done.

I have nexus with hella 808 mafia etc presets...message me

its useful if you're trying to make any sound metroboomin generic etc

Nexus is cool, but just get the $200 version for now and maybe 1 or 2 expansions you like.

With some other money I would pick up a motif/fantom rompler to layer with. Nexus has cool modern sounds but it usually lacks weight. Fill in the gaps with the hardware rompler and you'll be straight!

I find I use other plugins more than I use Nexus. I agree with scrapheaper, making your own sounds is more original and also more rewarding. Nexus doesn't help with the creativity.

Get Kontakt, its way better n cheaper. You'll get 43 gb of live sounding instruments for about 400$. Great investment.

Nexus is cool. I would go with the cheaper option though. Truthfully a more complete package would be komplete. Gets you more of what you're looking for.

Unless you have a lot of disposable income (or run a commercial studio), I doubt anyone's gonna need those 12,500 presets. Start with the basic version and buy the extensions that you think will be useful. Naturally you'll feel like missing out by not having everything, but that's how marketing works.

Nexus is heavily used in trap which is one of the reasons I would stay away from it, I like it for general more background sounds but so many of those patches have been used and reused that I think the other choices you listed would be my preference.

Nexus is worth it... It's still on sale. Do you need full? No. They give you loads of packs anyways. I just purchased it and 3 packs.

We got 5 packs free for Christmas. Plus the extras it comes with.

Nexus is dope man. There's alot of settings to tweak in there to get some unique sounds. I use it on almost every beat i create.

Back