Next steps..?

barty

Hey guys!

My name is Bart, and I have been playing records for about 8 years now (still love it). Since a couple of months I have been exploring FL Studio (signature edition) which I bought legally.
Anyhow, now that I get the general idea of the DAW and have made some 'tracks' I want to lift my 'productions' to a new level. I love producing, and want to make my productions better in durable way.
Question is : what is the best way? I have the feeling that without any additional plugins, synths.. this is virtually impossible. Anyhow, I would like to keep producing legally and don't have a very big budget to invest in this.. What would you recommend? Use more sample packs? Use more free plugins? Illegal..? Trying to keep my laptop clean too, as I use it for college. Most tutorials I watch use multiple (paid) plugins.
The music I am making is mostly deephouse, chillhouse or disco. Sometimes I like to go a bit more Martin Garrix style, but that's rare. Hope you can help me out a bit here, thanks guys! :)

-Bart

Welcome and if you could afford to buy FL legally what you should do is focus on what you own and learn the ins and outs of it as being a plugin and/or gear slut is never a good way to spend time and less is more if you want to focus on producing and what are you majoring in, hopefully it is not music.

Last edited:
Back