Newbie needing help

Synonymous

Hey guys!
I've just recently got into music and producing etc and I don't have many people that can help me so I'm basically just studying as much as I can online and just making trash beats daily till I can get a good one down haha. I started probably a month ago and have been using fl studio. I haven't fully learned all the ins and outs of it yet but I know the basics of using it. I've yet to learn about automation clips, muting certain clips and many other deep concepts. I try to make hip hop beats and after I get better at producing I would like to start learning how to sample correctly and put that in my toolbox. I was just wondering how I can download any plugins for fl studio because I don't feel like I have much instruments. I am running on the stock right now. Although they give a decent amount of instruments I would feel more creative if I had more. Also, I have lost a couple of channels in fl studio this past week and I don't know why. I believe it's Edison? The channel that allows you to sample. I have lost that this past week and I have no idea why. But when I open my beat that I have a sample on it appears. Also if you guys have any pointers, tips, videos or any other help or advice you can offer that will help a young producer out, I would greatly appreciate it. I've read about all of the 'getting started' threads on here and have learned a great deal from there. Ultimately my goal is to be able to produce a beat, write over it and rap, and mix and master it all by myself. I know it will take a while to learn how to do all of this and I am going to put in the work and time to learn and master it. Thanks!

Hey guys!
I've just recently got into music and producing etc and I don't have many people that can help me so I'm basically just studying as much as I can online and just making trash beats daily till I can get a good one down haha. I started probably a month ago and have been using fl studio. I haven't fully learned all the ins and outs of it yet but I know the basics of using it. I've yet to learn about automation clips, muting certain clips and many other deep concepts. I try to make hip hop beats and after I get better at producing I would like to start learning how to sample correctly and put that in my toolbox. I was just wondering how I can download any plugins for fl studio because I don't feel like I have much instruments. I am running on the stock right now. Although they give a decent amount of instruments I would feel more creative if I had more. Also, I have lost a couple of channels in fl studio this past week and I don't know why. I believe it's Edison? The channel that allows you to sample. I have lost that this past week and I have no idea why. But when I open my beat that I have a sample on it appears. Also if you guys have any pointers, tips, videos or any other help or advice you can offer that will help a young producer out, I would greatly appreciate it. I've read about all of the 'getting started' threads on here and have learned a great deal from there. Ultimately my goal is to be able to produce a beat, write over it and rap, and mix and master it all by myself. I know it will take a while to learn how to do all of this and I am going to put in the work and time to learn and master it. Thanks!

Sounds like your getting there man! I cba to find your actual question in the jungle of words you put together (paragraph next time!)

Sounds like to me you just need to continue to watch Youtube videos and keep your working your way through learning all the relevant features and fix any problems you might have making your first beat.

I make beats and have friend rap over them as I'm making it, soon it will be as easy as making a cake, you won't even have to think about it!

Google is your friend, so if you're struggling with FL - a quick Google won't hurt.

I'm not much of an expert with FL, so I can't help you, sorry.

One bit of advice, you want to do everything (rap, mix, master AND PRODUCE)... Master one skill at a time.

A Jack of all trades is a master of none.

Cheers,
Jordan

Back