Newbie Equipment

Tenom

Hi,

I've been making beats in FL studio for a few months now using only my laptop qwerty keyboard and a 20 inch external monitor. They've come out pretty good, but it's taken forever to get the notes to hit at the exact time and to line things up correctly because of it. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a cheap keyboard that I could use to make input easier.

Also, I read the stickies saying newbies don't be discouraged because it takes time to sound really good. But how come you have these 18 and 20 year old producers making hits and making a lot of money so young?

Thanks

Last edited:
The thing is that some start really early (12-13 years old sometimes), and some people simply get to the point where they're starting to sound professional a little faster than others.

As for the keyboard, I have a CME M-Key which I think is very good, and not so expensive.

Get an ASIO driver if you don't already have that downloaded and that should help with any lag you may be experiencing. Also learn to use quantize cause that can help with your timing and in FL there are plenty of different quantize templates each with their own groove. If your looking for a good all all aeound keyboard I would suggest any one of the Akai MPKs cause they got keys, and drum pads as well as programmable knobs (depending on how much you wanna pay)

Korg MicroKey37. Nice feeling mini-keys and no BS controls (I have Maschine and other controllers for the BS). Very simple.

Back