New Sound Making

DJ.RossThomson

Guys i was wondering how and what i should use to make my own sound as I'm stuck right at the bottom and i don't even have anything to start with, like do i start of with an FX or with a Kick and add reverb and pitch it and shit like that. So I'm looking for any advice on how to really start making my own sound.

DJ.RossThomson

1. Too Vague, can be anything
  2. Learn moderate level sound designing
  3. Which is synthesis and sampling
  4. Youtube and the Manual to understand how plugins work, as this will take some time indeed
  5. Trying out a buncha daws to see which one you like is also a good idea
  6. experimentation most of the time
  7. researching on this very site via the search function to make sure previous questions are not repeated is also ideal.
  8. The manual will not have specifics so when it comes to that, indeed these questions and answers will prove useful as well.
  9. Learn to think like a modular machine in how things can be done in a daw.
  10. Tons of methods to achieve similar results

A new sound can mean anything<<<
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Too Vague.
Sound Design knowledge.

Must learn moderate sound design and experiment alot.

I'd say most of the people who have a personal sound almost always have a very diverse & wide spectrum of influences, and The Sound is a sort of amalgamation of all that. Of course it's important to just experiment with different things and advance on that avenue as well, but I don't really think you can just sort of hit on a winning combination and "find" your sound. It develops over time. Of course there are some exceptions and one-hit wonders, but they're rarely consistent or, well, that original.

Back