New to producing

Vinko

Hi future producers,so I'm musician I started working on my first album and I am going to use reason8 for production,if you guys have any tips for overall production,sorting files and should I download sounds slowly not download everything at the time and get lost,how to organize,any tips on production? How to keep moving and learn things,what mistakes to avoid I just need your tips and advices

Hi future producers,so I'm musician I started working on my first album and I am going to use reason8 for production,if you guys have any tips for overall production,sorting files and should I download sounds slowly not download everything at the time and get lost,how to organize,any tips on production? How to keep moving and learn things,what mistakes to avoid I just need your tips and advices

Hello!

I hope I can help...

First. Listen. Listen to how the songs you like are arranged, mixed and mastered.
Second. Practice. Practice. Practice. :3 Tutorials are valid on showing how to use your plugins and what they are for. :)

I suggest you name and color all your tracks and soundclips. This will help you till the end of your life. Organization is key.

Here is an example from my DAW: Coded DAW.jpg

best advice I can offer you right now is to use the search function here at fp to find answers to each of your questions

the search tool here is a blunt instrument though
- you can only get 300 responses
- multiple words make the results more diffuse (do not use "the" "and" "a" "but" etc as they are not searched for anyway)
- picking a good word to search is part of the battle
-- "mix" "sounds" "production values" "organize" "organise" "tips" "hints" would be good words to start with
--- I can't do those for you as search results at fp are volatile - they are purged after a few hours

Back