New producer

Devinwalker20

Trying to get my likes and views up on SoundCloud. https://soundcloud.com/devin-walker-188355111/devweezy-productions

Last edited:
welcome man, i hope your producing journey is a good one. though it may be filled with detours, hardships, and moments of tribulations. don't give up or give in. keep going. oh and also look to put your music on other music platforms since soundcloud may be shutting down soon.

lol soundclouds not going anywhere. they just fired a bunch of people because theres no need to waste money on ...a bunch of people. Plus those people were living and working in offices from some of the most expensive areas in the world. It's a smart move.

read more: SoundCloud >> The Official SoundCloud Blog

And now with the extra savings, they want to start paying out to artists and creators.
ya just be careful and smart. When the media takes a sensationalized story and misreports it ... the people panic and freak out, so research the truth and don't follow blind hysteria.

Soundlcoud's not going anywhere. The three major labels, plus countless lesser label all support and actively help fund Soundcloud. Soundcloud is in a crossover phase right now attempting to function independently of investments by earning and maintaining profits without having to rely on their investors. But the investors are still there, and soundcloud isnt going anywhere. Pissed ex-employees are just stirring up a little trouble, because ya ... a lot of them were laid off.

Annnnd SC has most of its assets, if you will, in it's around 50 million active users and over 150 million monthly listeners. Those numbers have a lot of value. If worse comes to absolute worse, they just sell their company to be acquired and run by a new company with deeper pockets.

PS:
...with all that said, ...yes, do also put your music everywhere you can. Diversify your music library like you would your IRA.

PPS:
...Chance the Rapper.

Last edited:
Update on Soundcloud:
I asked their press department what's really going on and for reassurance that Soundcloud isn't going away. They wrote back,

"Hi Eric,

Yes, SoundCloud is here to stay. What we can share with you reflects what you have read in Alex's blog,
here.

All the best with continuing to grow your following!

Cheers,
Lauren

Last edited:
Hey Devinwalker20, I had a listen to your tracks. I think they sound quite nice man, keep it up. I hope everyone is treating you nicely.

Back