New Producer

Bhris

New Producer *Need Help*

Okay so whenever I start making a beat I will make a melody and a drum kit that I think is very good but by the end of it I end up hating it and scratching it because i have listened to it too many times. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Last edited:
It's pretty common for us to feel like that when we first start producing. It just takes a matter of time and effort. When we first start out, many of us make a beat, and we start comparing them to other professional songs which makes ours sound bad. When I first started, I felt exactly like that so I know where you're coming from. Don't worry, just keep on doing what you're doing, and watch tutorials, ask for tips, etc, and you'll get there. Most importantly, make sure that you're improving ofc. I suggest watching videos by SeamlessR on youtube. He has amazing videos on music production basics, theory, how to bass, etc. Definitely check him out. I hope I helped.

Last edited:
i got tutorial videos too fam. we can't let seamlessR run a monopoly (but ya, he is cool and funny)
here lol --> Lessons

Last edited:
Okay so whenever I start making a beat I will make a melody and a drum kit that I think is very good but by the end of it I end up hating it and scratching it because i have listened to it too many times. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Nope this is actually a good thing. Means you are becoming more critical of your own work as you go along.
80% of becoming a good creator is becoming a great editor! Knowing when something is good enough (for you) and when it isn't up to scratch!
A lot of people fail at that.. people that have that down can make awesome art or music with just about anything they get their hands on.

If you'd just sit there constantly in awe of yourself, you're never gonna get to that point. So don't give up, don't throw anything out either!
Just keep it around.. maybe 2 years from now if you play it back it'll be really inspiring and the basis of an awesome remix.
Just keep going at it, all the while developing your technical skills and listening to a lot of good music, you'll eventually see that magic starts to happen when you make your beats.
And trust me, you'll know when it does! ;)

Lol sound like me when i first started and think we all been through this just try not get to fustrated as you get better and put in work you will see its all part of the process of getting better and finding your sound

Back