New to the party

Linkan

Hi,

I've been an avid follower of the forum for a while but just recently decided to join as I've started taking my productions more serious and figured that this would be a great place for me to learn and hopefully in the future help others get better as well. I have an interest in most genres but with my main influences being Avicii & Daft Punk I tend to end up with house vibes :)

Have a great day!

How do you do Linkan! Thanks for dropping by my thread. Daft Punk has also been a great inspiration to me too. There's something about French house music that I'm just attracted to. Have you been working on anything recently? I would love to check out some of your stuff!

Yeah, it's pretty strange since I don't even like most of their tracks but somehow I always find inspiration in them even when I don't like the overall vibe.

Unfortunately my Soundcloud only have the one pop/tropical-house demo right now, but I'm working on a Rita Ora - Your Song remix which I should have up later today. It's unlike anything I've ever done before so I'll probably post a thread in the feedback section to get some help. I would love to listen to anything you've made as well so please drop me a link if you got something :)

There you go --> Linkan | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
I found that demo really amazing! Sounds super refreshing. The claps and clicks have a fantastic snap to them and the kick has a great thump. I love the bass and how it compliments the melody of the keys. It was simple and easy to follow but in doing so the overall sounded was really clean! I like how you used that sweeping transition at 00:34 and slowly rebuilding everything from there and also at 1:57 where you transition to these powerful hitting chords, it felt really great! Good stuff there. I look forward to your next song!

Unfortunately I can't post any links since I'm still below 5 posts haha. So I'll have to work my way up towards that

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and feedback. I think the main problem with that demo is that it lacks a powerful top melody which is really obvious when it doesn't have a powerful vocal either. The sweeping transitions was something new I tried and it turned out kinda cool, it's a bit weird but I think that is what makes it work.

That's a shame but I saw you sent it to me via my profile so I'll check it out and let you know what I think :)

Back