New To Music Production

Luemas

Hi,

I started producing house/electronic music in Logic Pro X a couple of months ago. Am really determined to interact with others who have the same enthusiasm for music I do, I am glad to be a new member of this community!!

My main inspirations are Tchami, Shift K3Y, Kove and so many more house producers. I also have a love for old school hip-hop such as A Tribe Called Quest and dance music that transpired throughout the 80s and 90s.

With each new project I create, I am learning more and more about how involved electronic music really is. I have been teaching myself automation techniques, as well as experimenting with EQs, different drum patterns, and getting to know the main synth I plan to use, Omnisphere.

Have you guys got any tips as to what I should be looking at as a beginner? Any tutorial recommendations? Things I should really be focusing on teaching myself?

Thank you, can't wait to delve into the forums, meet new people, and really progress with my music.

Luemas

Welcome to FP and I hope you find this forum educational. Are you looking to be solely a producer or an artist or a hybrid of both? Do you play an instrument or instruments?

If you are a beginner focus on what is important to you based on your musical background. Self teaching is neither inherently bad nor good as music is a collaborative art form and the idea of the lone genius is a myth.

You already use a DAW so YouTube it and there are members here who create tutorials.

Focus only on skills you want to acquire in regards to teaching yourself and know what you do and accept what you don't know and focus on what you do know and want to know.

If you can find a mentor (doesn't matter the gender but be careful regarding "orientation") do so and share with him or her what you are looking to do but be careful as anyone can manipulate regarding "trust" and that is why Hunter Thompson once said the music business is a shallow trench...

Last edited:
I think I am more ambitious in setting myself up as an artist, or potentially a hybrid of both. I haven't really identified what I want out of this as of yet, I'm just experimenting with the creation of music, and having fun in the process.

As for self-teaching, I agree completely, music is a collaborative process. This is part of the reason I joined the forum, to meet new people with similar ideas/goals to me. This will be a learning experience for me.

And I'm for sure going to be digging around the site for Logic Pro X tutorials.

Thank You.

Hello Leumas, welcome to the comunity, i hope you will have a great time here, keep on the learning and the producing!

i know Clint is starting to make some logic tutorials. I make tutorials too but mostly FL Studio. Here is his youtube page: ClintMusic
- YouTube

And ya, welcome. its good to have you.

Last edited:
Back