new to music production

kamehouse

hey everyone im real new to making music but im very interested.
i have an mpd26, fl studio and ableton.
can anyone suggest which to use starting out?
also im into beats like mf doom if someone could offer tips to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
peace

I'd say using the program best suited to your workflow. Also, make sure you are proficient in it before looking to invest in stuff you don't necessarily need. It'll help your production down the road.

Preference. All the daws capable of the same crap, but I'd go with ableton. Used fl studio the longest [4 years] reason since 2012 and studio one since 2014.

Ableton seems to have a better layout for somethings while the same applies to fl.
But If I had to use one of those 2, fl studio.
Reaper is one of the best daws ever created. Orion's pretty unique though.

Long story short it's all preference.

I'd suggest FL Studio. The pattern box is great for making dope drum patterns which you could easily increase the beat count if necessary for longer loops and easily dump the loop onto the playlist.

Here's an example of what you can do with fl studio :)

Hi there,

Ableton Live 9.2 Suite Production is pretty user friendly and the tutorial videos are great as well.

If you haven't got a sound card, I would recommend the Focusrite!

I've never really used FL but my guess is that Ableton is probably the better of the 2 for sample based music.

I think I read somewhere that MF Doom uses a Roland SP808 for his stuff...

thanks for the replies everyone.
im currently trying to figure out how i can playback a sample on my controller but
as if it were on the piano roll, any suggestions?

Back