New to music producing and Fl Studio

Astarwrath

Hey guys!

So I'm a newbie here and I just got FL Studio, could anyone recommend me any really good FL tutorials and music producing tips/tricks?

Much appreciated! :cool:

The manual is the place to start as each daw has 1000+ pages that will take you a few minutes to get through 20 pages.
Forums like this one will house information that would be 9999+ extra info not covered in manuals.

Experimentation will net you more and more experience that will transfer over to everything else music related.
Be glad that daws to not make huge design changes [if they do they basically make another daw for those]

Last edited:
Hello man and welcome to the forum! :) nice to hear that you are going to be making music. First off you need to find out what genre you want to make first and start with that. Usually you will find good beginner tutorials on youtube in that genre. Like how to sidechain and compress also alot about EQing. Tell us what genre you will be making?

First of all, you'll have to learn basic functions of FL Studio. EQing, compressing, limiting and all mixing stuff should come later.
If you are about to record, then you should read about recordings first. There are many things to know.
If you want to make electronic music, I suggest you to learn synthesis (find free lessons).
Search "FL Studio Guru" on youtube, there are plenty of videos showing basic functions of the DAW, but also intermediate stuff.

Hey, I've found a bunch of helpful stuff on Youtube, in particular livestreams. I think watching other peoples' thoughts and workflow process can be very helpful and these sort of videos have definitely had an influence on how I am producing music as a beginner too!

Hi Astarwrrath, welcome to this site, i really recommend watching SeamlessR on yputube, is more sound design oriented, but you will learn a loot of good stuff

Welcome to this forum! I have 2 tutorial of how I make my beats. One for emotional beats and the other for hard trap beats.

You can find some tutorial of other producer who also explain mixing and mastering which is very important

Experimenting is key to learning the software. Just take some time to mess around will all the different buttons and knobs and see what you learn. And like everyone else is saying, watch youtube vids as well. They help a ton and there's a tutorial for literally everything you could possibly need

Back