New Member here!

juersio

Hey everyone! I was lucky enough to stumble upon this great site with loads of useful info and people willing to help, which of course doesn't mean i will bombard you guys with questions instead of using the search function :p

I'm 19 and I've been playing bass for 4 years now and learning about production and daws for a few months now. The necessity to express myself, organize my basslines, add drums, guitars, has introduced me to this challenging yet inspiring and fulfilling world of music production. I've always been mostly in to Metal, but i also have a varied taste in different music genres, such as Hip Hop (both spanish and english spoken) Jazz, Soul, Funk, Reggae, Classical..

Later on I discover sampling, which i realised it meant the expression of feelings, moods, by using bits of existing music, just like a photo collage. This totally blew me away. Besides playing my bass, ive never done something as satisfactory as music production, even its something as simple as looping a beat. It's ****ing wonderful.

The huge range of possibilites is amazingly inspiring, yet intimidating at times, however im aware this long journey ahead of me will only provide the happiness and catharsis i need.

See you guys around ^^

Last edited:
You came to the right place so know and accept that what it is you want to do is an uphill climb and is not nor has ever been and never will be easy.

Nice, not that often I encounter someone who prefer the real deal!
I listen to Jimmy Cliff and The Maytals too. Otherwise I'm into Lee Perry (!), King Tubby, Justin Hinds & The Dominoes, Junior Murvin, Delroy Wilson, The Heptones, Horace Andy, and so on. I like the 70's sound of it.

Well i don't think i can say i've got a favorite, but lately i've been loving Piece of the Pie by J.Cliff.

Yours?

Haven't heard it, I'll check it out!
Lee Perry - Fisherman Dub, his version of a song by The Congos

Welcome to the forum!

Reading your discovery journey of music production brought me back to my own 14 years ago. Keep learning and researching everything that interest you with music. This forum, Google, and YouTube will eventually become your best friends for everything music production related lol

Thanks dude! They already are my best friends indeed haha, btw just listened d to a few of your tracks, loved them!

Back