GTrevellDickson

Art Buffet
Sup everybody, I was recommend by OGBama to introduce myself.
After years of getting info here and there from FP I've finally joined!. Musically I Rap,produce,engineer, (sing if i have to lol) & play a bit of guitar.

I've been producing for about 9 years (13 or 14yrs old). In 2011 I started recording mixing and mastering. It took years to finally sound good lol.
Between those years I spent time recording friends and myself.
One day my friend paid me after a session and that led to me recording local artist. Eventually I started putting my music to the side to focus on the business from sessions.

I'm usually the person that people I know call when they have a question on engineering or music tips. While I don't mind that role, I'm looking for balance also. I want to keep giving what I know ,plus get something back thats not just money (if that makes sense)

On the other side of things away from music, I make YT videos with my twin, I like drawing, making digital art,covers, (anything art pretty much *Art Buffet*;)) filming/editing, watching Toonami/college football, tech vids, and I like to help and learn.

My music goals are to land a placement into tv/movies and make a living from my music alone someday.

Being on here I hope to give value to other members and get the same from others also.
Hope that wasn't too long lol

-Trevell

Welcome and which of the talents you have do you enjoy most to least? Not to discourage but the chances of living off music alone are nil in today's era.

Welcome and which of the talents you have do you enjoy most to least?

Good question, it has me really thinking. Its hard for me to say flat out, it kinda depends on the situation. I think I like rapping, producing, then engineering, followed by visuals. 'Cause if its my song I feel like Im creating a whole new world on how I feel all around.

But if Im working on a song for/with another artist, I prefer engineering over producing or featuring. Sometimes I try to make things too perfect and can slow down the process or burn myself out of the song. When I'm engineering I already know Im gonna sit with the song for some hours after is recorded and I'm focusing on making him/her sound as good as possible vs him/her, my writing & vocals & beat.

Not to discourage but the chances of living off music alone are nil in today's era.

I understand Its very slim and personally don't see it happening for me soon but I believe placements can play a good part in that. Im not banking on it but fortunately my talents on both sides go hand and hand so if I can't live off my music I can still make it happen around music.

Back