New on here!

Antagonist85

Hey everyone,
I have a tiny bit of experience with FL Studio, but it's been a while since I tried touching a DAW again. The lack of self-esteem usually leads to uninstalling things, selling equipment and tucking away potentially successful projects in the closet.

Most recently, I purchased an Alesis midi controller and I'm looking for a DAW to mess around with. I'm into everything from Metal, Classical, Chiptunes, Soundtracks, 90's Hardcore Rap and 80's Electro. I've decided to learn something and hopefully contribute on some independent videogame soundtracks as I build myself up.

Do any of you have experience in composing soundtracks for games or movies? What's your DAW of choice?

Feel free to share your experiences and/or links to amazing youtube tutorials that I've not come across yet.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Eh man what's up? You tryna make video game music? That's dope!! I don't know too many people going for that lane.

What's up guys? Nice to see people are active in this community. I was going to respond earlier, but I had to make some calls and stuff.
I love music and I really hope this is possible for me. I have very little confidence and I need to work on it, big-time.

FL Studio used to be my main daw back in middleschool/highschool till I found reason, still kept for open collabing with the other clowns.

Respect man, I feel you when you talked seld-esteem and music it's a really tough battle you constantly fight with your own brain but you just have to stop thinking and start doing man. Also love your unique approach, everybody's trying to be the next Metro Boomin here and you're like let's make some awesome video game music, I like that for real

Hey welcome, just keep going! haha don't give up. There's only one way to go, up. it's all up from here.

hmmm, i dont make any sound for games but that field does interest me, so if i get any leads i'll share them with ya. I know there are sites you can search for game developers looking for music and submit your tunes. Idk them off the top of my head but google that and you'll get some leads on it.

Welcome to the forum!

Back