New to Forum

Hey everyone. I've been meaning to join this forum for a long time and finally got around to doing so. I have been writing music for years, under tons of different genres but never really took it seriously until a year or two ago. It's still something I do more as a hobby, I would like to have a following and fan base and all that but at the end of the day getting rent paid and having food to eat comes first.

I go under the name "Dimension Theory" and my SoundCloud account is SoundCloud.com/Dimension-Theory. I'm not sure what genre the music I work on is considered. I know it falls under the umbrella term of Electronic. I'm hoping someone might be able to suggest Genres or fellow artists of similar style. The way I've always written music is, for myself first (I am my own personal radio) but I would really like to find people that also enjoy listening to it. I'm a bit of an introvert, so I'm really not part of any local music scene and I am trying to change that and finally begin getting stuff put out there.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully listen to my music and help out. - DT

Welcome to FP and know that members musical experiences vary from person to person and if it is a hobby to you there is nothing wrong with music remaining that just as it is nothing wrong with wanting to make a career out of what you are passionate about, but know that the industry is not, never has been and never will be in the business of caring about the psychological/physical/emotional/financial needs of anyone who wants to get involved in it, and I say this to say that for as long as you live, necessities of getting rent paid and food on your table comes before anything else in this life that is temporal.

Don't rush to release anything as once it is out there it takes a lot to get it taken down.

Last edited:
Back