New on the Forum

Taubheit

Hi, Newbie here (not only to the forum). I always wanted to make Psytrance music. I tried for several years using Propelelrhead Reason but it didn't go very well. I was impatient and not organized (and maybe too arogant). I think in my mind at the time the idea was that I sit down, mix some sounds quickly together and have a summer psytrance hit ready in no time - I thought it should be easy. It wasn't. My sound was dreadful. It was difficult to finish a track. I was impatient. It went on and off like that for a few years and I worked on it less and less. Not seeing results I wanted I stopped doing it. But I still thought about it... it wouldn't go away. Last year - about a year ago - I decided to start from scratch. I learned about mixing, I learned Ableton Live, I got some equipment and started crawling my way in. I got organized. I spent time to make it a habit to work on my music at least 2 hr every day. Even when I'm tired - if I can't mix or create I organize my sample libraries or create templates. This is probably one of the most important things I've done for my music - I work on it regularly. I entered some remix competition and discovered probably one of the best ways to learn a lot in a short time. The amount of knowledge I gained during that last year is incredible. And it feels great. Making my own music. It made me a different person - a happy one. So I'm here to share what I know and learn more, to meet similar minded people and have fun. I like Hard Synths - currently I use several VAs (Nord Lead,Virus B,Roland JP-8080), I'm planning to add 2 analog synths to my setup this year. I use some soft synths too. To me it's all about making my own sounds. I don't sample other music. I only use some speech samples from movies and TV.

Last edited:
Back