New from Dallas. Hi everyone.

bishoplocke

Hi all!

I'm Bishop - a singer/lyricist from Dallas.

OGBama (it won't let me link you!) saw a post of mine on reddit and told me to make a post on here introducing myself.

My background:

I've been writing poetry since I was seven years old writing the cringiest playground love poems for girls I figured were out of my league. (I was a chubby little guy back then.) In middle school, love poems became metal lyrics as I wrote songs which I would sing in the three different bands I was in - none of these bands ever made it to their first rehearsal.

The only bit of "success" I would say I've achieved so far happened in high school. A lot of my friends had started to get really big into hip-hop and R&B. Loving the music, the flow, and the potential for expression that the genres had, I got hooked pretty quickly myself. I knew that I wanted to get involved and take part in the scene, but I never really wanted the spotlight on myself in this space. Alternatively, needing to scratch my creative itch, I began ghostwriting for a lot of my friends. Whether the lyrics were for the lost and broken-hearted, or the self-confident and driven, they found their way into the studio.

I've gotten the urge to let this side of myself develop more. Music has always been around, but never really took a major focus in my life until recently. Curiosity has been mounting regarding what all I can make out of this.

**TL;DR**

That said - my background is of course in lyricism (I've yet to learn sheet music so I'm reluctant to say songwriting.) Right now, my goal is to simply find some good instrumentals, and lay my lyrics down on top just to see what comes out of it.

The biggest influences on my style-to-be, I would say, are probably Post Malone (Dallas represent), Joji, and...whatever else I find! I fuck with anything from Kendrick Lamar to Taj Mahal to AnnenMayKantereit to Stromae.

I'm mostly working with free instrumentals people host on YouTube - but as things develop, I definitely plan to purchase some quality tracks if they have the right flow.

Who are you all?

What works of yours are you most proud of?

Cheers,

Bishop.

Welcome bishoplocke and props for sharing your background as we all start somewhere and I don't have any works I can say I'm proud of as I'm an adult newb to many things music but for the sake of having a definite focus I'm a rap lyricist who plans to produce down the line but has no desire to D.I.Y. everything.

Last edited:
Welcome bishoplocke and props for sharing your background as we all start somewhere and I don't have any works I can say I'm proud of as I'm an adult newb to many things music but for the sake of having a definite focus I'm a rap lyricist who plans to produce down the line but has no desire to D.I.Y. everything.

hey man welome to the fp forum machine

Back