new beginner looking for guidance

BtchFceFrEva

Hello all! I'm 18 and Ive been wanting to produce music,for a while now, and after spending lots of time scouring google I feel overwhelmed with all the information, and different peoples opinions. I'm trying to learn music theory but I must admit I'm having great trouble understanding. I have downloaded fl studio 12 demo, and Ive messed around with it for a few days, but all Ive gleaned from it is how to navigate through the interface. I really have no idea where to start, and this is coming from a dude who has no musical background at all. Just a love for music. I apologize for my grammar, and anyone's help and criticism is greatly welcomed.
Thanks! XD

I would just start with something super simple. Work on creating basic drum beats/patterns and programming in bass notes. Think of a drum pattern in your head and then try to replicate it on FL. Once you're comfortable with the basic steps of creating sound in the rhythms and notes that you like, then you can move on to sound design and mixing.

We've all been in your position at one point, so don't sweat it. You will learn, just give it time. There are thousands of tutorials that you can find on youtube about how to get started in FL, so I would suggest checking some of those out. That's how my learning progressed. Otherwise just spend some time messing around on the software and figuring out what all of the buttons and functions do.

Back