New to all this stuff. Hi. (rambling's..)

EliteRezk

Hey all im quiet new to all of this stuff, i have a bit of background knowledge from when i was younger but nothing that great, i currently have a m-audio axiom keyboard and a novation launch key mini, which i got for a gift from my girlfriend, i don't know how to play the keyboard at all so i guess thats something i really should try to learn considering i have 2. LOL

So i want to ask a question.

Is it possible for someone just to be bad at music no matter how long you practice? i feel like that sometimes and its quiet annoying but i understand that your first song is going to come after 100's of nothing.

Any advice or tips would be great, I currently just use fruity loops and the default kits and mess around with synth's and pads.

Hey man !

Absolutely new here too, so first, welcome :)

And to answer you... In my opinion, talent is only applicate knowledge somehow. I went trough the exact same path as you some months ago. Fact is, you never really stop practicing, and your work won't be really satisfying for you until you really have found yourself in what you are doing. So until that, you will always feel unpleased with what you're doing, and that's precisely why you must continue and try harder and harder.

In my opinion between those who hit success and those who don't : Some persevere, some don't.

Yeah, as Danny already said it's more like the other way around - pretty much anyone can train to be at least decent at music, even if real originality and/or virtuosity eludes you. After all, a lot of it is - at first - mainly mechanical & theoretical learning. It is, of course, possible that one does simply not have any kind of ear for it; if you can't tell two notes apart from each other, it might be a bit problematic. But everyone will feel like they suck at first, that's pretty normal.

Well thats slightly more comforting then normal. I have set on a mission to learn piano atm so that should be extremely helpful and just watching stuff on youtube and learning from it has helped me alot with the process but it seems when i have a drum beat down then I have no idea for a lead or when I have lead down I have no idea for the drums and its quite frustrating but i assume its just a practice type of thing. plus being able to play piano is pretty cool anyway

Bro, even the biggest artists in the world have sometimes a huge lack of inspiration. The best thing you can do when you're getting frustrated because something like that is to go doing something else, just to change your mind.

ive been watching abit of seamlessr videos, they are really good, aswell as trying to learn to play piano currently, i have a basic understanding of high pass, low pass stuff but im kinda confused on where to proceed next, if anyone has any videos on creating songs, bass lines, melody whatever ill be happy to hear it!

Back