Need some help mpk249 vs mpc

Please help , i have a little to none experience with beat making , but i want 2 make beats like J. Cole sound or Kendrick .. I have the capability to learn but some people told me mpc is the way 2 go.... Plz im sorry if i sound stupid but i would just like some feedback ! Thanks because i don't know which 2 get.

Common mistake. A midi controller is not necessary at all, it's a preference.
But for beatmaking that depends on specifically what the user wants in a midi device if they decide to implement one of those into their workflow.

One is a piano controller with pads, one's a set of pads. Midi data is digital note information that can be input from mouse or device capable of sending midi data to the sequencer of a daw.

For J.cole and Kendrick have that classic but new type of feel to their beats. I would recommend getting both when you can. First get the MPC and practice with that get your drums down. Then eventually get a midi controller something small like 25 keys you dont need a big one, you'll have an easier time coming up with melodies and bass lines, in my opinion.

You absolutely, definitely need an MPC. There's in fact no other way to make the music you describe...
As luck would have it, I'm currently selling my MPC...

Back