Need Help Producing Tracks In FL Studio 12 - Make Melodies&Drums Then Get Stuck

P

PURESONiX

Hey Guys, so ive joined this forum just today, and hopefully i can get some insight on a problem im having when working on my tracks in FL Studio 12.

So i first start creating my melodies and they sound decent & im pretty quick with coming up with melodies as i have 25 different tracks on the go all differnet melodies and drums and 2 FX then i get stuck, i adjust velocity & then add my Parametric EQ and do a bit of EQing just to get a better sound what im looking before before i continue, then i add my drums,snare,hi-hats in another channel and EQ that, im farmiliar with some FX like White noise and snare rolls but after that i throw it all in my Arrangement and then normally after that i get stuck, and i mess around trying to get past it but always seem to get stuck what to do next or what i can add to make a full track, as ive said i got 25 tracks on the go and all stuck with different melodies and drums.

so this is my problem im having, i was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas what i can do to get past this, thanks in advance everyone i appreciate all your help.
(P.S. Im Creating EDM Music If That Helps Any)

Current Equipment & Software im Using:

Studio Monitors: Yorkville YSM8"
FL Studio 12 - Signature Edition (Purchased Plugin - Sylenth1)
AKAI MPK Mini - 25 Key MIDI Keyboard
Ableton Novation LaunchPad - 64 Key
Pioneer DDJ-T1 - DJ Controller (Using Traktor 2 Software)

I struggle with that myself too sometimes. What helps me to break out of the looping problem is

1. Finding a reference song that has good arrangement. It helps if the song is in the similar genre that you're writing your track on
2. Opening a new project file then mapping out all the parts of the arrangement onto the playlist. It is tedious and might take some time, but is totally worth it because for
3. You basically take whatever you've written so far and distribute that into the empty patterns you've created in step 2. Then you just fill in the gaps by writting additional parts/patterns until you have your track!

Back