Need help with the plugins I need!

Coleman1

Coleman1
Hey guys so I've only just started producing, maybe about 2 weeks ago or so and am using Fl studio 11. It's just the trial version and my problem is that I've made a few songs so far and have used the demo versions of some of the plugins and saved them to my computer without realising they're just demo versions and have to be bought or it'll be erased. Although I really am frustrated that I didn't realise it earlier enough, it's moreso made me realise that it's okay if I can't re open these songs again but I thought, if I'm going to pay for these plugins built in here, I may as well instead pay for even better plugins like sylenth1, nexus, or massive. But I can't have all three (at this very moment) so I'm just asking what plugins I really need to make house music (which is the genre I'm producing) with right now, what ones are the most versatile for leads/basslines/build ups etc. as well as sounding the awesome. Thank you in advance!

The most bang for your bucks would be to get the plugins that come with FL studio in the first place, sylenth is not better, nor is nexus or massive. You got a whole array of different plugins within FL studio that, combined, is more than enough capable of doing what you want it to do probably more so than those 3 vst instruments you just mentioned. Don't under-estimate them, especially not being 2 weeks into production, you have no reason to go looking for expensive third party plugins.

Last edited:
Yeah, true. It's just annoying cause every one I used on it I loved until I realised they're all demo versions

at least you are demoing it instead of doing something else with it

as for plug-ins that you can use many free ones

search kvr audio for starters

also if you are looking for a daw that you can use in demo mode with full features get a copy of reaper - $69 when you decide to buy but will never require you to buy to access what you create with it

try ones like synth1, tal elektro and see if you can find any of the CM (computer music magazine) branded vsts. also browse kvr, plugindex and plugin boutique and see what interests you

Back