Need help on choosing hardware

collado

Im a newbie here so sorry if im posting in the wrong section. Ive been messing around with producing for a while and recently decided to take it a little more seriously. I currently use reason and have an axiom 25 as my midi controller. I really wanted to get into sampling some stuff but I dont have the biggest budget.

I was looking at the MPC element which is a perfect price for me but I am seeing a lot of not so great opinions on it. Im wondering if its worth the money for a beginner like me? I was also looking at the Maschine Mikro mk2 but $350 is a little too beyond my budget. Is getting an older mk1 worth it?

Side note: My dad has an old mv8000 lying around. Is that any good compared to newer stuff on the market? Thanks in advance :)

Use your pops MV.
You won't have to spend any money and it's capable of doing what you need.

The Element is cool but it's kind of limited due to the 1 track,you can run unlimited instances but that
kind of killed it for me.I have 2 and don't use either right now until they update the software.

Peace

Defiintely use your dad old MV, if you find that it isnt good enough for your needs then look at getting the Maschine MK2 I will be getting mine later this year, So far everything I have apartt from Keyboard, Pre Amp and obviously speakers and mic have been software based for me! cubase and Groove agent one were all i needed in the beginning!

Back