Need Help ASAP with Counting Bars ETC.

Soulful-Alibaster

Ok, this is the scenario, on my soundclick this dude chose a beat he want's me to make a record with him... We are working over the net, and staying in Contact Via E-Mail...
Now this is what's up...

My Beat sound's slow, but in actuality is at 130 BPM... He want's it in this format...

32 Bars, 8 Bar Hook, 16 Bars, 8 Bar Hook, 12 Bars

Ok, now I know that's not the normal Format, but that's what he wants... Ok, now to the question... How am I supposed to know how many Bars there are? Does it change with the amount of loops?

Each of my loops for the beat are 2 Bars long, at 130 BPM, how many would I put together to get 32 bars for rapping? 64???

Thanks in advance.

2 bars at 130 BPM = 1 bar at 65 BPM.... remember, you've got your metronome working twice as fast.

This is the way I count it: In one bar there are two snare hits. In two bars there would be 4 snare hits. so isolate a full loop with 2 snare hits and you will get one bar. this could be a lot trickier when it comes to south hip hop though

Soulful-Alibaster said:
Thanks alot Generator.:cheers:

Sorry, but what does Metronome mean?

Clicking pendulum that indicates the exact tempo of a piece of music.

Were you serious or being sarcastic?

well,if you want a 16 bar verse,then obviuosly you need 8 of your 2 bar loops.
16(length wanted) divided by 2(length of loop)=8.simple maths really.
mite be a lil more complicated if you got a longer loop(like 8 bars or somthin),but fairly easy really.

Last edited:
^^^^^
actually if I'm reading this right he has the beat doubletimed, so for 16 bars he'll need16 of the 2 bar loops. The actual tempo is 65 bpm

Soulful-Alibaster said:
Each of my loops for the beat are 2 Bars long, at 130 BPM, how many would I put together to get 32 bars for rapping? 64???

Thanks in advance.

Put 16 loops together for 32 bars rapping, 32 loops together for 64 bars rapping.

Back