My "studio" is going to be about 13x11 what size speakers would you guys recommend?

BeatBassBanger

My "studio" is going to be about 13x11 what size speakers would you guys recommend?

Setting up my studio, and I want to get the right size speakers for my room. What size would be sufficient? 6's 8s? The room is about 13x11

That's gonna be a small room. I usually don't recommend this, but you're probably going to want a nice pair of headphones for referencing. What's your budget? If you wanna be cheap, I'd go with any 5" powered monitors in the $200-300 par price range. You're going to get alot of bouncing off the walls, and I personally don't see much benefit to treating a room that size...I could be wrong.

Went to the store to listen to some monitors again, taking my time with those seeing its probably the most important. Everyone hear talking about the KRK which have good base...Maudio were to flat for me, but what brand really stuck out to me was the Tannoys....WOW them mugs were crisp and the base didn't drown out the mids and stuff. Who ****s with Tannoys? Anyone?

Tannoy is a well-respected brand. I have had a few sets, and they are good.

TBH, the only folks that really buy into the KRK hype are hip-hop noobs...

GJ

Tannoy is a well-respected brand. I have had a few sets, and they are good.

TBH, the only folks that really buy into the KRK hype are hip-hop noobs...

GJ
I agree KRK sound bassy and from what I was gathering it was the noobish go to speaker. These were the 8 inch Tannoy. They didn't have any 6 and a half inch ones, I might go with the 5 inches though. For now I will work through my headphones, they told me be patient with your studio monitors

My room is slightly bigger... I use HS-7s (Yamaha). I rate them.

Way back I had a pair of Tannoy Reveals (the old blue ones) and they were really good. The new ones are by all account better.

The JBL-LSR305's get a lot of love - probably worth a check-see too

My room is slightly bigger... I use HS-7s (Yamaha). I rate them.

Way back I had a pair of Tannoy Reveals (the old blue ones) and they were really good. The new ones are by all account better.

The JBL-LSR305's get a lot of love - probably worth a check-see too

I listened to some Yamaha, they were nice to, honestly to me the KRK and m5 audio (5 inch) sound the least attractive. I'm leaning between the Tannoy or Yamaha, but I will check out the JBLs, patience lol

Back