My Intro

No Equal

Sup everyone,:hello:

I am a new poster here from Chicago, been making music for a little over a month now and have been lurking the board for that duration picking up as much information as I can. I decided to register because I would like to partake in the discussion as well as recieve feedback and critiques. I have been completing beats but really am kind of nervous about letting people hear them but I understand that that is part of the process. I uploaded 2 of the beats I did on soundcloud and was wondering if I could get some feedback or things to work on. The first beat I believe titled "Gucci" I did a pretty decent mix and light mastering on it. The second beat I didn't really mix or master it yet. I work a pretty crazy schedule so I am just gonna try and work on beats during the week and do my mixes on the weekend when I have more time. Hopefully I can do some better mixing on the second beat this weekend and upload it again. My soundcloud is www.soundcloud.com/noequal-2
I also have a question about monitors, I have read here that you guys say they are essential for mixing which is fine. However accoustic treatment just isn't an option for me. Should I pass up on the monitors? Right now I am using a pair of sensheiser HD202 and they are pretty decent for mixing I think but I want my mixes to become flawless in the future. Should I move for monitors or better headphones.

At some point I would like to be recognized for my music, it doesn't have to be monitarily as I have a pretty decent job and I would like to not turn it into work. I am thinking about virtually giving beats away for free to build up a sort of following. From reading the boards I saw many people don't agree with this but what other ways do people initially start out and grow a following. I also am thinking about doing the same with local rappers around me that will allow me to come in the studio with them and work on producing the song. Good or bad idea? Looking forward to the replies. peace:hello:

Last edited:
Back