My first track!

pinder325

Hi, I started using Garageband 3 days with absolutely no knowledge about how it use it or even how to make music! But I have managed to make something, even if it is pretty short. Can you guys take a listen and let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Please listen to it all as i think it gets better towards the middle/end.
The Beginning by Chris Pinder | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks

Hey there Chris, First thing i've noticed is how there's a huge drop of sound after that bass hit at 0:10, you should Find a way to balance the sound, it definitely lacks loudness, especially after that sound drop from that bass punch. I suggest you make a quick read about frequencies, Eq and track volume levels, could be a good start!

This being said, you have a couple of good melodies ideas, when your sound get better you'll definitely have something cool to listen!

Welcome to the amazing world of making music :) you'll have plenty of fun learning and getting better, keep rockin it!

Add some chords to your melodies! Then pick up mastering to get clearer and balanced sounds on your track. However, great idea there and don't stop making music, you will get better the more you mix. Cheers!

Study tutorials they are tons on Youtube that will help you gain more skills in production. You are off to the right start!

Add some chords to your melodies! Then pick up mastering to get clearer and balanced sounds on your track. However, great idea there and don't stop making music, you will get better the more you mix. Cheers!

Can you expand on what you mean by adding chords to the melodies? As I said, I'm a complete noob.

Can you expand on what you mean by adding chords to the melodies? As I said, I'm a complete noob.

He probably means to give more "life" to your melody "improve your melodies" Chords are usually 3 or more notes that are played at the same time. They can certainly enhance your music. For a more in depth understanding of chords, and the different types available, you may want do some research.

Back