My environment and equipment okay?

I have recently purchased a CAD U37 MICROPHONE CONDENSOR USB with a pop filter and was just wondering if it was a Good microphone and i use a program called audacity is that any good? And i am currently recording at home in my bedroom so i have no kind of sound proofing or anything. Any tips on how to improve or make it better would help a lot or how to record on the program because i am new to it all. Thanks everyone for your time and answers appreciate it.

I have recently purchased a CAD U37 MICROPHONE CONDENSOR USB with a pop filter and was just wondering if it was a Good microphone and i use a program called audacity is that any good? And i am currently recording at home in my bedroom so i have no kind of sound proofing or anything. Any tips on how to improve or make it better would help a lot or how to record on the program because i am new to it all. Thanks everyone for your time and answers appreciate it.

What do you hear when recording? How would like the tips to help you?

ProuducerJC when i record i hear sometimes my volume once i've recorded is too loud sometimes its too low or sometimes there may be a slur, how can i fix that?
And tips like if you've come across the program audacity i just wanna know the overall song how do i make it sound more embedded together like its one mixed and also how do i for example wanna send it to someone for mix n master how could i take the song overall that i've recorded and send it will i hve to import or export it things like this because am new to the program so don't know much.
BUT thanks for your time i really appreciate it! :)

I always recommend that newer artist try to get together and collaborate with people who already have a setup. That way, you can figure out what works without having to drop lot of $. Still, I know that's easier said than done. Personally, I wouldn't use or recommend using USB microphones, just because they seem to be more trouble than the money you save. You could save up for an MBox and a SM57 or SM81 and be set for a while as far as vocals go. Plus I think there's a version of Mbox that comes with a free copy of ProTools lite

Most budget microphones are good for what you need them for, so you'll be fine with it. If your levels are too loud you have to monitor them before you hit record, keep some distance between you and the mic and adjust your mics level until you're peaking at about -10dB. Don't record your vocals loud, you want to have nice clean vocals that aren't clipping and you need headroom. If your vocals are too low in certain areas I'd recommend some careful automation, and once you get comfortable learn about compression. You can use the compressor to bring the loud areas to a relative level with the lower areas, but don't use it unless you know what you're doing, you'll end up doing more bad than good.

Audacity was the first piece of software I recorded vocals into, I don't recommend it. I'd recommend you use something like Reaper, you can evaluate the software and when you're ready to purchase a license for the software it's the cheapest option out there. Exporting your takes individually is going to be dependent on the software you use, you'll just have to search that up.

The thing is i am very tight on budget and as some of you may know people record with their iPhones and i purchased the mic because it was good it had a pop filter and stand so thats why, and how do you record your song then send it to a producer for mix n mastering?

Back