Must Have Plugins For a EDM Producer ?

I see a lot of videos of edm producers and they have A LOT of plugins, and I'm quite lost about that, can you list for me some must-have plugins for a edm producer ? It can be plugins to make your sound richer, eq, reverb, synth VSTs, anything will be a huge help for me ;)

I get mixed emotions from the lists you provided Konkoss, but sure there's no harm in trying the listed ones out, and yeah the OP asked for famous plugins.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the OP refer to Plugins or Instruments/Generators (synths etc).

As for plugins, I've discovered a bunch of great freeware plugin series.
- Variety Of Sound (they do a lot of stereo imaging, saturation, and emulation plugins)
- MDA
- Smart Electronix (especially check their reverb - perfect for epic sounds)
- MeldaProduction (well they're not free but they have demos which basically enables you to do almost the same things as the full versions)
- Xhip
- Voxengo (all their older plugins are now free since they've been replaced with new plugins)
- Bluecat Audio (I don't rely that much on these, but their plugins are great)

They may not be the top of the notch plugins used by EDM artists, but they're great to my experience (and I've tried a lot of plugins).
More than this, just search the KVR database if you're curious about more freeware ones (or payable ones as well).

Otherwise the EDM artists usually show you their favourite plugins in videos with them in the studio (just check out the FM Magazine channel on YouTube).

Don't take any of those lists personal I googled those lists because of how big the lists were lol.
Top notch and widely used are two different things. Nexus is perfect example.

Just get one Vst synth and learn it inside and out sylenth and massive are good ones to start with then start experimenting with other ones, as for effects check out soundtoys, wavs, and uad

nexus
sylenth
massive is good for anyone

and if you ever get hardware look into nord

I get mixed emotions from the lists you provided Konkoss, but sure there's no harm in trying the listed ones out, and yeah the OP asked for famous plugins.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the OP refer to Plugins or Instruments/Generators (synths etc).

As for plugins, I've discovered a bunch of great freeware plugin series.
- Variety Of Sound (they do a lot of stereo imaging, saturation, and emulation plugins)
- MDA
- Smart Electronix (especially check their reverb - perfect for epic sounds)
- MeldaProduction (well they're not free but they have demos which basically enables you to do almost the same things as the full versions)
- Xhip
- Voxengo (all their older plugins are now free since they've been replaced with new plugins)
- Bluecat Audio (I don't rely that much on these, but their plugins are great)

They may not be the top of the notch plugins used by EDM artists, but they're great to my experience (and I've tried a lot of plugins).
More than this, just search the KVR database if you're curious about more freeware ones (or payable ones as well).

Otherwise the EDM artists usually show you their favourite plugins in videos with them in the studio (just check out the FM Magazine channel on YouTube).

I believe that these big producers are endorsed by the manufacturer of the synths, aren't they? Like how it happens to guitarists, drummers, bassists?

I remember, for example, that in the page of Ohmicide you have a "testimonial" by Skrillex, and he also does one for the WOW distortion plugin as well.

Back