Music production software

MikeEffay

I would like to hear some suggestions from you guys on software. Aside from a basic producing program like Pro Tools or FL studio, are there any fundamental types of software (or specific programs) used by the majority of producers? And how are they assisting the proces of music making? If you got the chance to start all over again, what would you get, and why?

My goal is to produce hip hop/trap beats, and i'm currently using FL Studio 11.

This is probably a dum question, and feel free to post some links, if you think that will answer my question.

Please bare with me. i'm new to music making and this forum. Have fun everyone, and thanks in advance!

Your going to get as many recommendations as there are products.

All i can say is get to know what you have inside out before you get more.

When you say "basic producing programs like pro tools or FL", do you just mean something other than a DAW?

I think your question is referring to what equipment you should have more than anything. Those DAWs (FL, Ableton, etc) are more than capable of making what you're looking for. I'd say get well acquainted with FL first to see what it can do.

all you need is fl studio .. vst's and drumkits.. that's all it really takes.. there's really no other software or hardware that will make you THAT much better.. lok into vst's like kontakt or nexus ..

It's all about you and how much time you put in. You can use FL Studio Demo version with a hp laptop running vista and produce bangers. ( though working with vista you may feel like throwing it out the window every now and then.)

logic, reason, reaper, ableton, some ancient shit rusk uses, audacity lmao, annnd maybe garage band? jk

FL Studio should be fine for what you want to do, just learn how to use it and get some decent drum kits & plugins like sylenth, massive etc. people will recommend their own favourites so check them out on youtube and see do they interest you. for recording i think it might be good to keep audacity or reaper on the side as i personally hate vocal recording in FL, works fine for some people though.

Back