The Music Production Community

talb8541

I am writing an essay for my high school English class. The basic premise of this essay is to immerse yourself in a community and try to learn about it. I decided to go with music production because I know how to play music, but I know almost nothing about producing it. So I have a few simple questions for anyone willing to take the time out of their day to respond. How would you describe the music production community? What would be the best way to personally immerse me into this community? Lastly, where should I start learning how to produce my own music? Thanks to anyone who responds, and fair warning, any comment left on this might be quoted in the essay. Don't worry, though, the essay will only be shared with my English teacher and maybe a few peers. Thanks!

As the Internet is a microcosm that can and does reflect the attitude(s) of the broader society, the music production community can be insular, elitist, sexist (depending on gender), racist (depending on race) and simultaneously welcoming and/or unwelcoming to newbies and experiences will vary based on race and gender.

The best way to immerse yourself in this community is by lurking and only responding to posts/threads that interest you based on what your personal interests are.

There is no right and/or wrong way to start producing music but do not look at music production as a means to a financial end.

Last edited:
Back