Music courses???

Everythiing

Hi,

I found some music courses in the internet.And it was really expensive like around 4000 dollars or so.Now my questions is, have all these great producers like Noah 40 Shebib or Doc McKinney participated in these courses?Is it necessary to become a good producer?I do not see any other way to learn producing.

In my opinion nope. I would save that kind of money for equipment, not courses.
If you were talking about going to school for leaning instruments I'd say go for it but dude are you kidding me right now lmfao.

I do not see any other way to learn producing.

Have you heard about this new fad called "the internet"? :) But really, resources are all around you. Also consider things like your local library - yeah, they probably don't have "making hot beatz" books, but I'd bet there's a lot of literature about music and music theory. And, yeah, that internet thing. I'm sure those courses might have something to offer, but you certainly don't need to throw money at this thing to be able to learn it. Read your manuals, look up things when you run into problems/stuff you don't understand and practice a lot. That's what probably 95% of people on here do anyway.

^ there are some books on electronic music production. but ya, the internet is a lot more effective with resources. You can learn anything for free, because a big part of internet economy is built around advertisements. There are products and services for sale, but why would you pay for these when there are free alternatives available (...with ads of course)?

Last edited:
Bruh, the equipment you could get for that price would be enough to sculpt pixar movies.
You are going the wrong way for instruction I'm telling you lol use synth secrets & your favorite daw's manual instead.

When you learn one daw inside & out it transfers to most others of the same type by default so there is also this to consider, and try to dedicate time for experiments and practice instead.
Save actual instruction for playing instruments if you plan on going beyond scales, chords & reading sheet.

ya, $4,000 for a course is insane. That's waaayy more expensive than your average college course forsure.

Yep, had to go to college for a bit to get some remedial math & English courses out of the way before heading into Information technology myself :P

Yep, had to go to college for a bit to get some remedial math & English courses out of the way before heading into Information technology myself :P

Right on, I just got a B.S. in Information Systems (same thing)! It's funny, it actually kind of helps with production believe it or not, haha and web development, etc. but it was through the college of business so it's like half business and half computer science.

Last edited:
What are some good Music Theory tutorials on youtube that are more so hip hop related? They don't have to be necessarily just want something explained as simple as possible, I'm a visual learner, the tutoritals don't have to be hip hop exactly. Using FL studio 12 I'm on BusyworksBeats music theory in a day which has helped, but I want to make sure I get a different perspective with music theory more traditional, thanks

Bro Youtube and Google are your friends lol
I actually went to school at Full Sail lol dont waste your money! lol

Todays 'problem' is that there's too much (!) so called 'information' 'cause every kid could post its 'know how' on websites, blogs or YouTube. Seriously, most of it's crap. So you'll have to separate the good from the bad and this will take it's time.
Do you consider an apprenticeship at a local studio?

I read music theory for dummies twice, took notes, but it didn't stick.....then went on a hiatus......I am using FL studio 12 the latest version. So I want to find a easy to follow Music theory tutorial online since I am a visual learner. I have a small keyboard and headphones. Can you recommend any youtube channels? I mainly produce hip-hop r/b edm? Thanks

PS I am following busyworkbeats music theory, but a lot of people don't like him for whatever reason

[video]https://www.youtube.com/user/144EricG/videos[/video]

lol, those are mine. They're some music theory ones, but a lot of Fl Studio lessons.

Last edited:
I read music theory for dummies twice, took notes, but it didn't stick.....then went on a hiatus......I am using FL studio 12 the latest version. So I want to find a easy to follow Music theory tutorial online since I am a visual learner. I have a small keyboard and headphones. Can you recommend any youtube channels? I mainly produce hip-hop r/b edm? Thanks

PS I am following busyworkbeats music theory, but a lot of people don't like him for whatever reason

Honestly, shameless self promotion here, I made this light hearted video
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GeZYRtGHPc)
and some people really got out of their creative rut because of it, so it might help you out, if not, try DJ Tech tools on youtube.

The VA is paying my tuition so I'm taking courses. But honestly, there really isn't any ground-breaking information that I have come across as of yet. I think what you really get out of it are the connects and networking that you gain along the way.

Unless it's a full time, taught course; at degree level, at a recognised and established centre of higher learning (ie; a proper university) - I'd pass on that as well tbh.

Back