Multisampling in reason

bdondaunique1

I think multisampling is the term. Basically i jus wanna take a sample and map it to each note in other words take a keyboard sound outta of a song and make it so every time i play it on reason it plays the correct note instead of a streched out mock sound. If it is put another way or sumwhere in the manual i apoligize in advance if someone can help i thank you in advance

Well just by using that 1 sound you gonna need to load the sound in the Nnxt multiple times map them across the keys you want repitch them/change key

I don't quite understand your problem. If your problem is getting the sound to map over all the keys and be accurate (press a C get a C note, press a G get a G note), then load the sample, right click > set root note from pitch detection, then stretch the key over an octave or two from where the root note is.

smjVersion1 said:
I don't quite understand your problem. If your problem is getting the sound to map over all the keys and be accurate (press a C get a C note, press a G get a G note), then load the sample, right click > set root note from pitch detection, then stretch the key over an octave or two from where the root note is.
as u go up the keys the sample goes chipmunk and doesnt hold out nearly as long as it should. u can use the loop features but its still a pain in the ass

Depends on the sample.

Is it a beat, is it like a hit sample, or a waveform?

if it's a waveform, then you can loop it and it won't detuned over the octaves (of course you need to use at least a waveform for each semitone).

If it's a single sample spanned across the keyspans, then Xab's on the money, it will detune (pitch up/down).

If you want the same sample on each note and across the keyspan, then simply create a template (damn easy in NN) and copy it into each location, or copy paste the sample into each zone.

what can we do about the chipmunk effect tho. This isnt really my expertise. Is it really as simple as setting up loop points decay and sustain

If it's just a single note then you will have to resample the instrument, because the integrity of the sample's pitch will be compromised after 3-5 semitones.

If it was a sustaining waveform then we have something to work with but with no sustaining or repeating cycles we have to then rely on multisampling.

Time stretching won't work here either as there is little body to process.

If it's a chord then spanning it across the keys does not correlate to playing the chord further up/down the semitones.
Playing a cmaj chord at C1 (where the sample will sit) is not the same as playing that same sampled chord at gmaj. That's not how it works.

Last edited:
Samplecraze said:
If it's just a single note then you will have to resample the instrument, because the integrity of the sample's pitch will be compromised after 3-5 semitones.

If it was a sustaining waveform then we have something to work with but with no sustaining or repeating cycles we have to then rely on multisampling.

Time stretching won't work here either as there is little body to process.

If it's a chord then spanning it across the keys does not correlate to playing the chord further up/down the semitones.
Playing a cmaj chord at C1 (where the sample will sit) is not the same as playing that same sampled chord at gmaj. That's not how it works.
makes sense. I was hoping to make a few sound banks from my vinyl samples o well ill have to find something new to do. there is no way to create a sustaining sample? i thought i could do that via a loop point inside of the NNXT depending on the size of the sample.

it would be a one hit from a song not an instrument. its not like i have a rhodes i wanna sample it for reason its oh this song has a rhodes in it lemme take that one hit and play it in reason wit out the aforementioned chipmunk effect.

Back